Duber training DVD | Texture painting – portrait of a girl
To finish the series, duber training created a comprehensive Photoshop CS 2 training DVD for those that struggle with texture painting.
It is an unwritten rule that the better your textures are, the better your models look. And again, we continue to bring the best possible training to you. We never compromise on the quality of our work, same applies to this DVD. loocas will not only show you how to completely paint textures from a few photograps on your UV layouts, but he also talks and shows things that are a bit beyond pure texture painting, for example, he explains how to decide what size of textures you need for your meshes, how to setup your custom brushes, how to work with alphas and blend modes. All you need for painting your own textures from photographs is explained on this DVD. Everything is divided into logical chapters for better and faster navigation throughout the content.
– workspace preparation (first, you need to prepare your workspace for painting the textures, this is what this chapter is about)
– workflow (a word on how to prepare your own custom brushes, how to work with alpha channels, layer masks and how blending modes work)
– color map (loocas begins with the most difficult part, painting the color map)
– bump map (realistic materials require realistic textures, color only isn’t enough, therefore you will need to paint a bump map as well)
– specular map (light reflection on the skin’s surface has to be controlled too, the specular map will help you to do so)
– reflection map (skin is reflective, therefore loocas will show you how to paint a fresnel map)
– other maps (achieving a realistic skin material is no easy task, you will need a little more than the above mentioned maps)
The DVD also contains all the texture maps in PSD and JPG formats, the UV maps and the custom brushes for you to learn directly from them or use them on the model of the young girl modeled and mapped in the previous DVDs.