Lynda.com – Color Correction in Final Cut Pro X
Beginner | 2h 40m | 1.41 GB | Project Files 1.12 GB | Required Software: Apple Final Cut Pro X
In this course, author Robbie Carman details the principles of color grading in Final Cut Pro X, while explaining how to enhance and stylize footage. The course spells out the differences between primary and secondary corrections and demonstrates fixing problematic footage with contrast corrections and neutralizing color casts. The course also discusses secondary corrections with shape and color masks and explains how to make projects broadcast safe. Additional topics include evaluating clips using the video scopes, and how to create stylized looks. Exercise files accompany the course.
* Understanding the video scopes
* Using Balance Color and Match Color
* Fixing under- and overexposed clips
* Expanding contrast
* Controlling saturation
* Using color and shape masks
* Creating looks with primary and secondary corrections
Intermediate | 18h 48m | 6.22 GB | Project Files 2.86 GB | Required Software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Human anatomy models in Lifhtwave, 3ds and OBJ format.
Various levels of complexity in the meshes. Some very high rez.
Lynda.com – Photoshop Masking & Compositing: Hair
Intermediate | 3h 06m | 875 MB | Project Files 434 MB | Required Software: Adobe Photoshop
In this installment of his popular Masking & Compositing series, Photoshop guru Deke McClelland shows how to select hair?down to the individual strands?and composite portraits against new backgrounds. The course covers how to mask out hair, paint in detail, blend hair, merge channels, and match light sources. Deke also explores special techniques for working with both dark and light hair, as well as extracting hair from complex backgrounds. Exercise files accompany the course.
* Understanding the Calculations command
* Calculating masks with the Subtract and Add modes
* Enhancing a mask with Apply Image
* Creating a traditional blue screen mask
* Masking dark hair against a busy background
* Painting in missing hairs with a Wacom tablet
* Masking blonde hair and flames
* Performing selective edits with Dodge and Burn
* Masking a difficult image in multiple passes